At Farm Bureau Insurance, we offer various car insurance options to ensure you get the coverage you need. Our agents will help you understand which coverage types are required by state law and which ones are optional.
Current South Carolina law requires licensed drivers to provide proof of financial responsibility and most drivers do this by purchasing liability car insurance. An auto insurance policy includes Liability Coverage and is made up of two parts:
- Bodily Injury Liability – Covers medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other special damages.
- Property Damage Liability - Covers damaged property, and may include loss of use.
Why is Liability Coverage needed? If you cause an accident that injures other people or someone's property, Liability Coverage pays (up to the policy limits) for the damages you cause to others. Also, if you're sued for an accident you cause, Liability Coverage pays for your legal defense and court costs, up to the policy limits.
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Coverage
Just because you're responsible, it doesn't mean everyone you share the road with is as responsible as you. That's why we offer Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Coverage. This coverage provides protection to you and your passengers if you are injured or your vehicle is damaged in an accident caused by another driver who does not have liability insurance or who does not have enough liability coverage to pay for your losses. Protect yourself against the carelessness of others.
Medical Payments Coverage
Healthcare costs after an accident can add up. No matter who is at fault, Medical Payments Coverage pays reasonable and necessary medical and funeral expenses for covered persons who are injured or killed in an auto accident.
Physical Damage Coverage
In addition to covering your medical expenses and protecting you if you cause damage or injury in a car accident, you expect your auto insurance to cover the costs to repair damages to your car. There are two physical damage coverage options available to protect your vehicle. They are Collision Coverage and Comprehensive Coverage.
Collision Coverage pays for damage to a covered vehicle caused by accidental collision with another object, another vehicle, or if your vehicle rolls over. If you purchase Collision Coverage, emergency roadside service is automatically included at no additional cost. If you need a jump start, run out of gas, have a flat, or need a tow, your policy will cover up to $75 in covered emergency roadside assistance service charges. Download a copy of "Help is on the Way" to store in covered vehicles so you’ll always have the toll-free number handy should you need to request Emergency Roadside Assistance.
Comprehensive Coverage pays for losses to a covered vehicle that are not caused by collision or by the vehicle rolling over. This covers among other things, fire, theft, animal collision, and glass breakage.
Additional Car Insurance Coverage Options
You car insurance needs may differ from your neighbor, which is why we offer additional coverage options to our customers in South Carolina. Ask your Farm Bureau Insurance agent about these additional coverage options:
- Rental Car Reimbursement
- Classic Cars
- Antique Cars
Available Auto Insurance Discounts
We believe that you should be rewarded for being a safe driver and a loyal customer. That's why Farm Bureau Insurance offers a wide variety of competitive auto insurance discounts that can help you save money. Ask your Farm Bureau Insurance agent about our:
- Safe Driver Discount: Discount for drivers who have been accident free for three or more years.
- Multi-Line Discount: Discount when both a home and automobile are insured.
- Renewal Discount: Discount when an auto insurance policy is in force for three or more continuous years with no lapses in coverage.
- Good Student Discount: Discount for full-time students between 15 and 24 years old, who have been named to the Honor Roll, have a "B" average or are in the top 20% of their class.
- Adult Driver Training Discount: Discount for drivers over the age of 21 who provide evidence of successfully completing an approved voluntary driver education course.
- Youthful Driver Training Discount: Discount for drivers under the age of 21 who have successfully completed an approved driver education course.
- Legacy Discount:Drivers under the age of 25 who do not own or rent a home cannot qualify for a Multi-Line Discount. However, these drivers may qualify for the Legacy Discount. To be eligible, the listed driver's parents must have a Farm Bureau Insurance homeowner's policy.
- PFI Discount: Discount based on the driver's Personal Financial Index which considers payment history and other similar factors.
- Multi-Car Discount: Discount applies when you insure two or more private passenger vehicles.
Benefits of Local Agents
Life is complicated enough without having to deal with an insurance company that has different rules and regulations for each state. At Farm Bureau Insurance, our South Carolina company only serves customers who live in South Carolina. As a part of your local community, your auto insurance agent better understands your wants and needs when it comes to car insurance and the service you expect. In a complicated world, we can make insurance uncomplicated. Find a local agent near you.
Finding a Policy that Meets Your Needs
Because our Farm Bureau Insurance agents see you as a person and not just a policy, your agent will take the time to find out not only what type of coverage you need, but also what financial limits you have. We can tailor an auto insurance policy that meets your needs without breaking the bank.
Your local Farm Bureau Insurance agent can answer questions you may have and help you select policy limits that will protect your financial assets, you and your passengers, and your vehicle should it be damaged or stolen. Your agent will also identify any gaps in coverage that may leave you unprotected.
Helping You Switch to Farm Bureau Insurance
If you have a car insurance policy with another company and would like to switch to Farm Bureau Insurance, there is no need to wait until your current auto insurance policy expires. A Farm Bureau Insurance agent can explain just how easy it is to change companies and answer any questions you may have. Get a Quote.